Monday 30 May 2011

Rainbows!

My little girl was one lucky bugger this year -- in total, she has had 3 separate birthday celebrations (with more to come!).  As it was always a tradition for me growing up, to bring in a cake on my birthday, I decided I wanted to do the same for my little girl.


This year, I went with RAINBOW cupcakes -- cuz what kid (or GROWN-UP) doesn't love rainbows?!






They are super simple to make -- basically bake some vanilla cupcakes in plain white liners.  Frost cupcakes with sky blue buttercream: 

Pipe clouds onto cupcakes with whatever fancy piping tip you have (I used Wilton M1)
Cut rainbow ribbon candy to desired length, place on top of cupcakes - from one cloud to the other:



*depending on how you plan to transport the cupcakes, you might want to keep this in mind when setting the height of your rainbows*


I managed to pack everything into this bin...had to carry the baby and push the stroller with one hand though - I've got MAD MANEUVERING SKILLS!

Cupcakes and milk - the perfect combo!

The birthday girl:

The worst rendition of "Happy Birthday" was sung by these 26 kids:

Here's Mr. X - genius in the making:

Needless to say, the cupcakes were loved by all (including the adults) -- already wondering what next year will hold :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you remember the name of the candy you used as the rainbow? It's the perfect shade for my daughter's party! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...