Wednesday 20 April 2011

Oh no! B.O.!!

I'm on the elliptical at the gym, as I write this blog. I always used to hate on people that would be on their phones while exercising -- and look at me now.
I started journalling from the gym about 2 months ago, as I was tracking my workout progress. I fell in love with doing it because it gave me something to focus on, rather than the excruciating burn in my muscles, and it totally helped my 30 minutes of cardio fly by.


So back to that stinky title...
I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but a few weeks ago I figured out who the B.O. (body odour, for those of you who aren't immature teenage girls that would USE that term) culprit. Back in January, I was running on the treadmill and an overwhelming cloud of stink came over the entire gym -- so bad, I could literally taste it. Gross.
At the time, every single elliptical machine was occupied and at least 3 of the 6 treadmills were also in use. This made it extra hard to pinpoint who was sporting the odor cologne.
There was one guy that stuck out, probably only because he was a man and had facial hair :P
..shame on me for judging people.


A couple weeks ago, I was surprised to discover that the smell, in fact, came from ...wait for it... A WOMAN! *insert horror film shriek*
Ew. Gross.
So I pulled up the gym today, and who do I see through the window -- none other than Miss Bonnie O'Stinky herself. As soon as I swung the door open to the gym, the odor cologne hit me like a ton of bricks. So now I have a choice -- do I skip the cardio and just go straight to weights? Or do I suck it up (quite literally) and just do cardio on a machine as far away from her as possible? Ugh, I hate having to make choices this early in the morning...


--
I ended up doing my cardio because I knew I'd beat myself up if I didn't.  Yay me.




IN OTHER NEWS:


I'm proud to announce that I signed up for a 30 day membership at Moksha Yoga yesterday.  My cousin, aunt and nieces invited me to join the 430pm class, which has a kids drop-in class at the same time.   I surprised Xierra by bringing her to the studio.  This quite possibly could be our weekly 'mama/yaya' activity - assuming my wallet can handle it.


Excited much?

After our class, we booted it back to Royalwood to pick Mr. Xanderman up from daycare, and headed home to prepare our healthy dinner:

 Fruit smoothies, packed with vitamins for a icky-sicky family


 Chicken parmesan baked with light provolone cheese, and a caesar salad with a light vinaigrette


Oh yeah, and by the way:
GO BLACKHAWKS!  - Finally won a game in the series against Vancouver *sigh*























  • Hubby stayed home sick from work for the second day in a row -- quality time with the wife, perhaps?  Doubtful.  Been trying to nurse him back to health, one meal at a time
  • went to the gym: did cardio and worked triceps *ouch*
  • Pre-registered for a noon yoga class
  • Another healthy and hearty dinner for the fam tonight

Perfect timing -- gotta leave for yoga now :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...