Monday 2 May 2011

Sun to snow, happy May.

Our Friday looked a little like this:

 Sunny skies, sun hats, no jackets, green grass and...


...Canadian geese on lawns?

Well anyone who knows a thing about Winnipeg, can tell you that our weather is awfully unpredictable, and well, SNOW in May?  The idea should never be discounted.


Rather than be obnoxious and spend precious minutes complaining about it, I choose to embrace our quirky climate, and put it in the past..

Our Saturday morning was very different from our norm.  My aunt contacted me from Vegas, to ask if Brian and I were available to work at her store (The Winnipeg Trading Post).  Both of us have worked there before, and my cousin that was supposed to work, decided to take an impromptu road trip to Minneapolis for the weekend.
Heck, we had nothing going on, so we decided to do it -- and take Xander with.


TEEPEE..

Saturday was grey and gloomy.  The snow was already on the ground, and it continued to rain throughout the day.  When we got to the store, we knew it would be pretty slow -- got to work, filling some seed beads...



We didn't have a lot of customers come in, but the people that DID come in, spent some good cash.  Xander was pretty well behaved, for the most part.  Before we knew it, our day was over and it was time to pack up and go home.





GSP vs. Shields.  
Yes, I'm a huge UFC fan (who isn't, now-a-days).  We ordered the fights and invited some people over.  My brother (and family) and my good friend Carl (and girlfriend Dani) showed up and we enjoyed watching sweaty men kick the $#!+ out of each other.  I whipped up 4 homemade pizza's for munchin':
Pepperoni and veggie, BBQ Chicken, BUTTER CHICKEN pizza...um yes, I said it -- BUTTER CHICKEN.  Mmmmm...this was my best invention EVER.



Sunday was 'SLEEP IN CENTRAL'!! Wow.. we were lazy and exhausted when we woke up, and were in and out of sleep pretty much all morning up until noon.
This little guy was the most energetic of the bunch:



Really didn't do a whole lot of anything.  We watched tv and...well...we watched tv.  
I was able to send out a set of invitation drafts to a client and I worked on business card samples for another client.


I spent a little bit of time downstairs in my craft room, whipping up a few pairs of earrings.  Yep, just another hobby to add to the lot:





That was the weekend in a nutshell.  Notice there was no mention of 'yoga' or 'the gym'?  Yeah, that's because I took the ENTIRE weekend off...crazy huh?












  • Lunch with my old friend Franco
  • Fold some laundry
  • Try to make it out to the grocery store -- probably not though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...