Monday 10 December 2012

Thirty Second

I celebrated my 32nd birthday on the 8th.  It was a very low-key birthday compared to recent years, but it was lovely.

The afternoon started with lunch at Gourmet Burger Co. -- Oh yes, I ate a burger AND a poutine!  Good choice, right?  I got the works, with everything on it... heaven.
No photo of my food, because I devoured it as soon as  I got it..
 Our next stop was CHUCK E. CHEESE! Clearly, for the kids ;)  It was a good time, as usual.
Say "Chuck E. Cheeeeeese"!
For dinner, we stopped off at a restaurant called 'Nader's Middle Eastern Grill and Bakery' for some beef shawarma.  Pretty damn delicious, gotta' say.


Couldn't leave without picking up a few items from their bakery: baklava galore!



And no birthday is complete without CAKE!  Picked up some red velvet cake and was surprised (by my big sister) with sparklers, a candle and a mediocre rendition of 'Happy Birthday' (which I'm pretty sure, I sang entirely myself, to myself)



Ended the night by watching a super-amazing UFC card, which happened to be FREE!  Could it get any better?

Oh, of course I was delighted by an email from Brian, outlining a birthday weekend he planned for us in Chicago -- complete with lunch, hotel, dinner, hotel, entertainment, breakfast and SHOPPING!

I'm such a lucky girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...