Wednesday 4 September 2013

Brief visit to the 2-oh-4

I took a short trip back to Winnipeg to visit with friends and to pick Xierra up for Spring Break.
[Ha, funny they still call it "Spring" break -- when I landed, there was still 6 ft. of snow on the ground (slight exaggeration...slight)]
It was super nice of my friend, Edwin, to let me stay at his place.  Saved me the expense of a hotel!  Also, I got hooked up with a rental car by a good friend - which really helped me out.

Optimus Prime and Iron Man...err... Edwin and Xierra
I was super stoked that so many of my friends made it out to see me, the night that I arrived.  We went to Clay Oven for some of my favourite Indian Food in Winnipeg
Spent the next few days hanging out, spending as much time with my friends as possible, and fulfilling Winnipeg-staple-cravings along the way
"Friendsday" - Breakfast at Stella's, an impromptu GoKart race, a visit to Ikea, an Apple Store visit and billiards
My life is not complete without poutine [at Smoke's Poutinerie]
Another lunch date with my (ex)Apple crew -- this time, Caribbean food at our favourite hole-in-the-wall restaurant, Tropikis

Chicken Roti

Made sure I took an afternoon to visit with my dad -- and of course, he had my favourite filipino dish hot and ready to eat, as soon as I got there :)

Tough to get my mom's side of the family together, since everyone's always so busy -- but thankfully, we managed to coordinate a night for some delicious sushi at one of my favourite sushi restaurants, Sushi Hon

The 'cousins' - growing up so fast

And what better way to end the trip, than with a visit with my longest-standing friends from back home -- my Famous Players crew.  Bistro 7 1/4 for dinner and then Tapp's for drinks

Bloody Mary's are alright, but it still isn't quite a Caesar.
I was only there for a few days, but it was so awesome to spend time with the people I love.  You don't realize how much you miss your friends and family, until you move 900 miles away, and never get to see them - ever.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...