Saturday 9 April 2011

Aint no sunshine




A client consultation on a dreary Saturday afternoon:

THE LOOK: Dug around in my closet today, and found this peacock blue dress that I purchased a few years ago from the Guess outlet in Albertville.  I think I might’ve paid 20 bucks for it.  It’s super fitted, and I’ve never really ever worn it as a dress by itself -- but it’s great for layering because of the fun swoopy neck.
I squeeeezed into a pair of grey skinny jeans from H&M and threw a little FOREVER 21 short-sleeved sweater over top.  The sweater falls far enough off my body to make it *appear* as though I have somewhat of a figure :P  Like the belt?  It’s not only a great accessory -- it doubles as a MUFFIN TOP CONCEALER!  ha.  I got it from the le Chateau warehouse around 6 years ago for 5 bucks.
My shoe choice was a little odd, considering they’re BROWN peekaboo shoes.  The reason why I chose them is 1) they’re super comfortable and 2) they have little gold buckles on them that matched my earrings... as if anyone would ever notice that.


To keep with the whole ‘peacock blue’ theme, I threw on, none other than, my peacock feathered earrings (*gasp* no way?!) and worked a little peacock blue pigment and gold onto my eyes.  Went with the rockstar hairdo -- in other words, I fell asleep with my hair wet last night, and woke up with some wacky (not in a good way) volume.  Heck, it makes me look taller, right?
Since this is Winnipeg, and our Spring hasn’t quite sprung, I also wore a denim jacket with 3/4 length sleeves, purchased from Anthropologie (not pictured).
...and yes, the consultation went well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...