Thursday 14 April 2011

E-I-E-I-OOPS!















En route to Xierra’s Spring Concert:



Today was the furthest thing from ‘warm’ or ‘Spring’ -- the only thing today had going for itself was the shining sun.  Since we know that sunshiney days inspire me, it’s no surprise that I got the itch to get fun with my outfit.


THE LOOK: This dress was one of my Target purchases - the only thing I paid full price for ($25).  No regrets.  I love the colors and the feminine floral pattern.  The ruffles do my body a favour and hide my lumpy bumpy’s. 
The magenta cardigan was also purchased from Target, on clearance for $12.80.  It’s got 3/4 length sleeves, which I like because it allows me to wear bracelets, without having the awkward ‘sleeve hits or covers bracelet’ issue.

I chose to accessorize the dress with a black patent leather belt -- the dress has a garter line, exactly where the belt falls, so the addition of the belt didn’t alter the shape at all -- it just accentuated the waistline and added a nice bold separation.  The belt originally came with a little cropped jacket from FOREVER 21.  
Glammed my wrists up with a couple beaded bracelets that matched the dress and belt.


I wore a pair of purple teardrop earrings to match the cardigan.  The little flourish design suited the floral dress, I thought.
For my makeup, I went with some purple shadow, blended the crease with a midnight blue shadow and lined my bottom lashes with a purple pencil liner.

Since it was a cool day, I slapped on some thicker wool patterned tights.  I love pairing these tights with my suede chunky-healed ZARA ankle boots.  There’s something very retro about them that I dig.
Xierra’s concert, “E-I-E-I-OOPS!” was a blast to watch....even though she was dressed up as a MULE :S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...