Thursday 21 April 2011

Just some random chatter...

Just an FYI, I want everything HERE.  Please and thanks.


Remember the quinoa that I cooked the other night?  Well this is what I ended making with it:

Ingredients:
- quinoa
- diced cucumbers
- sliced red peppers
- dried apricots
- toasted almonds
- curry powder
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper


I pretty much threw everything together and crossed my fingers.  I just added the curry powder and salt and pepper to taste, and added a couple tablespoons of lemon juice to help loosen the salad a bit.


It was (and still is) delish!










Yoga drained me yesterday.  Loved the lesson on 'judgement'.  I definitely have to put that lesson into motion after this week.  I came home, had a shower and crawled into bed.  Fell asleep for an hour and a half - best hour and a half ever.


Lucky me - last night was pretty terrible, in that, both my husband and baby boy were sick-sick-sick.  It made for a pretty tense house, as my husband strangely becomes a completely different person when he's ill and doesn't really speak to anyone.  I'm gonna admit, it's a little disheartening when you try to do whatever you can to make someone feel comfortable, and they don't really show any emotion back :S
I, myself, am also catching the nasty cold that is consuming my household -- sore throat, headache and achey body -- but am choosing to suck it up, until my boys get better.


I was craving a super-meaty kinda' meal last night, so before picking Xander up from daycare, I grabbed some steaks from the store.  Had them marinate for about 30 minutes, and threw them onto the grill:





Made some wedged potatoes on the indoor grill: lightly coated with olive oil, seasoned with smoked paprika, rosemary, garlic powder and salt & pepper



Served up the steak with the potatoes and salad.
Mixed myself up an extra spicy Caesar and enjoyed this meal (quietly) with my hubby.


  • Have a meeting at the bank at 11am
  • Meeting Brandy for lunch at Clay Oven at noon'ish
  • Final meeting at H&R Block to complete my taxes
  • Yoga class from 9pm-10pm at the Donald location (first time going)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...