Sunday 29 May 2011

A weekend ago...

During my week of turmoil (that I promised to, but still haven't blogged about), a few fun activities were able to sneak in, and give me a nice break from the stress.  On Xierra's actual birthday (May 20) I started the day off with breakfast with my two buds:


After dropping Papa Bear off at work, Xander and I headed over to St.Vital park, where Xierra's school was holding their annual "Arts in the Park" picnic.  There were several different 'stations' set up throughout a big field - each table had a different art activity (i.e. kite making, painting, monster making, etc.)  After a couple hours of that, they broke for lunch and then the rest of the afternoon was filled with performances on the stage -- magic, african drumming, hip hop dance, you name it!  It was a good ol' time for Xander and I too -- a nice escape on a beautiful sunny day:






The next day was Xierra's 7th Birthday 'banquet' held by her dad and her grandparents.  I got to break out my old hairdressing skills and fix Xierra's hair in an updo.  Weeee-heeee!  I was super excited, as updo's were my specialty :D






Me and my kiddies
Brian and the kiddies (hey Xander, look alive!)




This is Xierra's "dance group" right before performing their 'hip hop dance'
It was nice to see some old friends at the party, and to see how much love my little girl has in her life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...