Thursday 22 January 2015

Here we go again...


Another baby, another gruelling battle with my weight. I guess this is just what I do -- have a baby, get fat, stay fat for a while, get down in the dumps for being fat, stay fat a little while longer, and then decide to do something about it. Repeat.
This has been my life for the last 10 years, no word of a lie.

Except this time, there will be no repeat of the "have a baby" step. No. More. Babies.

Knox is going to be 5 months old in a few days, and I haven't lost a single pound since I've been home with him. Not ONE. Ridiculous, isn't it? Even with nursing him 100%, I have kept my weight intact... which means those extra 500 calories they say you burn everyday while breastfeeding, I'm going and consuming through my food, therefore negating those calorie-burning benefits. I'm such a moron.

So here we are, nearing the end of January and I'm busting at the seams. Still wearing a pair of maternity pants because I'm too ashamed to go out an buy bigger sizes. Foolish, I know. But I keep thinking to myself -- "why spend money on buying bigger clothes, when I can just lose the weight and wear all of my skinny clothes again" (and I have a LOT of skinny clothes). Spring is around the corner and I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of feeling so frickin' blah... so I'm doing something about it.

My husband organized a Winter Weight Loss Challenge. There are 7 of us that are involved and we're playing for money (great motivation, in my opinion). It's over a course of 8 weeks and the person with the highest percentage of weight lost, wins. Biggest loser, basically.

I've decided to blog my journey for a couple reasons: it will keep me focused and it'll make me accountable. Journaling my progress will not only give me something to look back on when I reach my goal (and win everyone's money!) but it will also give me an outlet in which I can write down my challenges and successes and learn from them. There's nothing more motivating than seeing before and after photos, like "whoa! that's what I looked like 3 weeks ago?!" or reading back at posts and realizing that I overcame a hurdle.

I'm going to make an effort to be as transparent as possible -- this is going to be the hardest part for me because there are so many things that I'm ashamed of (my body, first and foremost). But I truly believe that this is necessary for my success.

Whether people decide to follow me on my journey, or choose to ignore it completely, I know I'll become a better person at the end of it - physically and mentally. I don't need people cheering me on -- that's not what this is about.. (but it certainly doesn't hurt) I mean, maybe it'll inspire and motivate others, or maybe it won't - who knows? Either way, the blog is here and available to anyone that might be interested in following along.

So here's to (yet another) journey to a healthier lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...