Tuesday 17 February 2015

Being a woman sucks for this challenge...WEEK 3

WEEK 3
Sometimes, the stars decide to align (in a bad way) and you end up with a bunch of things that seem to work against you. That was Week 3 for me.

I realized at the end of Week 2, that part of the reason why I was so cranky was because I was PMS'ing. Now, if you're a lady then you'll totally understand this. I was expecting to get my visit from Aunt Flo -- was getting all the symptoms in full force (mood swings, lower back pain, bloat, cravings, cramps, joint pain) except I just wasn't getting it. I even gained back at least 5 of the pounds that I had lost in the previous weeks!
I'm convinced that my cycle was thrown off because of my recent change in diet, because I'm fairly regular otherwise. The frustration of being late was magnified because all I wanted was to stop the cravings and lose the water weight. Well, I eventually got it but sadly, it meant that I didn't lose any weight in week 3.

I gave myself a cheat day at the end of Week 2 because I really felt I deserved it:
BurgerFi: There's an option to get your burger "green". They replace the bun with lettuce, which was probably pointless because I split a side of garlic parmesan fries and a red velvet & custard dessert with Brian :P


The South Beach diet usually allows the re-introduction of healthy carbs in the third week, but I still continued to keep them out of my diet as best I could throughout the week:


Baked salmon with miso/low fat mayo spread on top, wasabi broccoli slaw 

Roasted Brussel sprouts and served them with a chicken breast stuffed with a quinoa pesto and fat free mozzarella cheese and topped with a dollop of tomato sauce and grated parmesan cheese

Fish tacos: marinated and pan fried tilapia and served on romaine lettuce instead of a tortilla. Topped with broccoli slaw (lightly tossed in low fat mayo, lime and cilantro), avocado, fat free sour cream and salsa

Hearty chicken salad: pan fried 1/2 chicken breast (used weber grill seasoning), served over a salad of romaine, broccoli slaw, tomatoes and avocado. Sprinkled 1 oz. of blue cheese and used less than an ounce of a honey mustard vinaigrette

Grilled round steak and veggies: Seasoned steak and veggies with Weber grill seasoning


I continued to snack in between my meals, however, I wasn't as diligent this week as I was in Weeks 1 & 2. Water intake was also a struggle for me - for some reason, I hate drinking water when I'm PMS'ing. Weird.

Starting weight: 139.4 lbs.
Week #1 weigh in: 133.8 lbs.
Week #2 weigh in: 131.9 lbs.
Week #3 weigh in: 137.0 lbs
Progress: -2.4 lbs.

So, even though I ate well all week, I didn't lose any weight but I'm totally blaming being a woman on that. Better luck next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...