Saturday 7 February 2015

Week #1 and #2

WEEK 1
The first week of the WWLC was successful! I know that the first week is always pretty easy because you typically lose a bunch of water weight, but I'll take it!

I started the challenge by changing my diet. I completely cut out all carbs -- it was a strict protein and veggie diet. I made sure to eat small meals and had healthy snacks in between meals. I increased my water intake and also tried to keep my salt intake low.


I logged every single meal, which I think is really helpful for the challenge -- I feel more accountable. I stayed home this entire week and cooked every single meal from scratch.

Starting weight: 139.4 lbs.
Week #1 weigh in: 133.8 lbs.
Progress: -5.6 lbs.

WEEK 2
I continued with the exact same regimen for week 2 -- another week of no carbs and sugars. I noticed I was pretty cranky this week. I'm assuming that it was because I was going through withdrawal, but I powered through it as best as I could.
Thankfully, the weather was poor on Superbowl Sunday, and it forced us to stay in. This was a blessing in disguise because we weren't tempted to eat poorly!

Here are some of the meals I prepared for both weeks:

Black bean brownies: Used Splenda instead of sugar

Egg Cups: Line the muffin pan with a piece of back bacon, lay down a bunch of spinach, crack an egg over top. Sprinkle with onion and herb Mrs. Dash and fat free cheddar cheese.
I eat 2 of these for breakfast with a tablespoon of salsa

"Tacos": Prepare lean ground turkey with homemade taco seasoning. Use romaine lettuce instead of taco shells. Top tacos with avocado, cilantro, fat free sour cream, salsa and red onion

Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup: Cook shrimp with ginger, garlic, onion and cauliflower. Add 5 cups of low-sodium chicken broth and a bag of spinach. Add 1/2 can of light coconut milk (Trader Joe's).
Serve with fresh cilantro and lime

Starting weight: 139.4 lbs.
Week #1 weigh in: 133.8 lbs.
Week #2 weigh in: 131.9 lbs.
Progress: -7.5 lbs.

The meal planning has been fun - coming up with dishes that are satisfying and tasty at the same time. I like the challenge of cooking something different everyday!

Still a long way to go, but I'm on the right track -- next week, I'll be introducing some exercise into the regimen. We'll see how that goes..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...