Tuesday, 26 April 2011

An Easter-less weekend

There was no dyeing of or hunting for eggs, no eating of dinners and no filling of baskets.  There wasn't a single sign of Easter in this household whatsoever, for several reasons:

  • Xierra was over at her dad's for the long weekend
  • my family went down to Las Vegas for vacation
  • Papa Bear and Baby Bear were still sick
Kinda' sad, huh?  Yes.

I can't complain though, because I DID get some social activity over the weekend, which is very rare.

Good Friday was the WORST day to go to yoga (At noon on a holiday?  What was I thinking?!).  Everyone and their mom showed up -- the class was at capacity and we were literally elbow to elbow in the studio.  
Saturday was a little better -- I've made a commitment to try and be at the front of the studio when I can.  I'm trying to push myself as much as possible so that I can hopefully start seeing the results.  Being at the front of the room, next to the instructor, gives me the advantage of seeing each posture up close.  Also, being in front of the mirror allows me to see myself without any obstruction, so I can catch a sagging shoulder or a un-square hip. 
Sunday was my day of rest...which I'll explain later in this post.
Monday was a super early class - 6am.  I felt really guilty about missing Sunday, so I wanted to get right at it as soon as I could, Monday morning.

Okay, so that was my yoga sched.  Let me now get back to this 'social activity' I spoke of earlier...
Saturday night was Karalynski's birthday celebration at Tavern United, downtown.  I contemplated going because I knew Bri was feeling under the weather, so I wasn't sure if he'd be up for staying home and watching Mr. X.  He totally encouraged me to go and hang out with friends, so I did.

In the midst of getting prettied up for the party, I managed to whip us up a nice hearty dinner:

 Dijon mustard and spice crusted pork chops

 Grilled corn on the cob and grilled sweet potatoes

Bon appetit!

Brandizzle was going to be in my area, dropping her grandma off at home, so she offered to swing by and pick me up.  You know where this is leading, right?  I didn't have to DRIVE... which meant I TOTALLY GOT MY DRINK ON!
When we got to Tavern, Karalyn was sitting among close friends at a big loooong table.  We didn't really know anyone from that group, so we offered to sit at a booth adjacent to her table, to allow seating for her other friends that showed up at the same time as us.  No biggy.
My drink of choice:  the 'specialty Caesar'... and can I just say, it was definitely SPECIAL - and freakin' delicious.
Started the night in moderation - but before I knew it, I was full blown INTOXICATED.  We were having a blast :)  Here are a couple photos from the night:

The rest of the photos can be found here

At the end of the night, we all went home -- and by 'end of the night' I mean that by the time I got home, it was like 2:30am.  And by the time I got into my (spinning) bed, it was probably 3am.  This is the latest I've been out in 2 years.
Needless to say, I was in pretty bad shape the next morning.  No yoga for me.  More like, no ANYTHING for me.  It was a day of rest...much needed rest.

So really, that was pretty much the extent of my excitement over the long weekend.  The rest of the days were filled with playoff sports.

My kids both hauled in an Easter basket or two, so I guess I lied when I said that there wasn't a single sign of Easter in my house.
No sugar for mama though :(  Aw well.

Hope everyone else had fun times during the Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...