Wednesday 31 October 2012

Safe and sound


Waiting for this moment was excruciating, but now it’s here, and I’m beyond excited.
En route to Toronto, which will be my temporary ‘home’ until my Visa gets approved.  I anticipate being there for a little over a month and a half.  It’s gonna be nice to chill with my sister and the kids, before moving down to Illinois for good.

I asked my dad to drive us to the airport today.  Sad news is that he got a traffic ticket on the way to coming to get us (failing to yield at a pedestrian crossing=175 bucks!? Geez) I’m paying for the ticket cuz he wouldn’t have gotten it if I didn’t ask him for a ride.  Oh, dad.
The nice thing is that we went to visit my mom at the cemetery before heading to the airport.  I think he was really happy that I made the suggestion. I can’t remember the last time I was at the cemetery with my dad -- it’s easily been over 15 years.
We didn’t spend too much time there cuz the wind was super brisk and fierce.  I’m glad we got to share that moment today though.  It really meant a lot to me.

With Xander, 3 overweight (but no charge) checked bags, a car seat, a stroller and 3 carry-on bags, I managed to get onto my flight with no issue...with dad's help, of course.

I’m excited for this next adventure -- I can’t wait to see my sister and her family, but most of all, I’m eagerly awaiting being reunited with Brian in a little over a week!  He’s coming up to visit us in Toronto for a weekend - a visit that is LONG OVERDUE.


As this post is currently being written 41274 ft. in the sky, I will already be in Mississauga by the time I publish it.  And if it actually makes it to the World Wide Web, that’ll mean that I safely landed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...