Thursday 1 November 2012

Getting into the swing of things

I've been in Mississauga for 4 days now, and things seem to be going pretty well (for the most part).  On my second day here, I went grocery shopping and grabbed a bunch of healthy food to stock the fridge with.  I chose to eff off on my diet during my last week in Winnipeg and it really affected me -- I felt guilty for eating such crap, and my body was making me pay for it.  So eating healthy again, was my first priority once I got settled here.

Spending Halloween here was a little different -- I'm used to really cold Halloween's back in Winnipeg, so when I saw that the forecast was supposed to be 7 degrees with light showers, I was stoked that we wouldn't have to trick-or-treat in the SNOW!

During the day, my sis baked some cookies and we (err.. I mean, the KIDS) decorated them with coloured icing and candies..

Once it started to get dark, we got the kids dressed and ready to go door to door, asking for pure sugar candy.  This was Xander's first 'real' Halloween, so it was pretty fun
Woody, from Toy Story

Waiting nicely for his turn
It's sad that Xierra was in Winnipeg, we were in Mississauga and Brian was in Milwaukee this Halloween :(  I liked getting dressed up as a family -- we did it last year and I can't wait to do it again!
Schmid Family 2011
I'm happy to report that I was able to hit up the gym here at my sister's condo!  I love the accessibility to it -- I'm hoping to go at least 3-4 times a week.
Yesterday, for the first time, I attempted taking the stairs both down to the gym and up from the gym -- I must add that my sister lives on the 35th floor of a high rise condo [It's actually a TRUE 30 floor condo, as it doesn't have any floors containing the #4, nor does it have a 13th floor].
I'll admit that I almost died coming up -- but I made it!  My legs were sore all day today, but it felt reeeeally good.

Not sure what the next few days have in store, but hopefully something somewhat productive. 
I'm going to try to venture out to downtown Toronto next week with just Xander and I (via public transporation) -- I'll be sure to blog about the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...