Wednesday 7 November 2012

Closer to America!

I got an email yesterday from the NVC -- my Visa application has been pre-approved and I've been scheduled for my interview in Montreal on December 13th! *jumping for joy*

What a relief.  I finally have an actual DATE to look forward to -- and the best thing of all, is that we'll be in Chicago for Christmas :) -- assuming I pass the interview, that is.


Passing time
I've been here in Mississauga for a week now, and the adjustment has been challenging.  I don't have a car, so I don't have as much freedom to go out whenever/wherever I want.  The up side to this is that I've been walking a lot more (pushing Xander in a stroller) and getting some much needed exercise -- we've walked to and from the mall a couple times (my sister's condo is a little over a kilometre from Square One Mall), and we've even walked to the grocery store a couple times.
The down side is that the weather is getting pretty cold, so we have to dress appropriately.

Double-decker firetruck stroller?! Heck yes.

Bought myself a beautiful wool coat from Express the other day, since my winter coat is in a box... in storage... in Wheeling, Illinois.  The coat is lovely, oh so lovely.

Aside from walking, I've been going to the gym regularly AND I've challenged myself to walk up the 30 flights of stairs at the condo, at least twice a week. That's 450 steps!  It burns.. but it feels so gooood.  Getting so much closer to my goal weight.. just a couple more pounds to go!

The boys are still not always getting along.  I just don't even know what to do about it anymore.  I feel like I'm always giving Xander heck, even when he's not at fault -- poor guy isn't even 2 and a half, and he probably just doesn't know any better - plus he's adjusting to having another kid in his face 24/7 (literally, in.. his.. face), which must be tough.
I don't know if I'm just over-aware, but I feel like I'm always the first one to jump in and mediate the battles between them -- I feel like the bad guy, but someone has to do it.
*Sigh*  It's stressful to say the least, and sometimes I wonder if coming here was a big mistake.  Being here has caused chaos in my sister's family routine, and the squabbling-boys situation doesn't seem like it's going to get better.  In fact, I'm already seeing a change in Xander that I can't say I'm particularly happy with.  He's become a very different boy since we've been here - he gets angry and frustrated very easily, which is very uncharacteristic of him.  We'll see if time changes things, or just makes it worse.
In his 'spot' (i.e. sitting on my luggage)
At the library
Something to look forward to
Brian will be here tomorrow, to visit for the weekend :)  Oh, how I can't wait to reunite with him.  He's only here for 3 days, but I'll take whatever I can get, lol. I'll be sure to post something later on, all about his visit!

Lastly, a big WOO-HOO to President Obama for his re-election!  I was super nervous watching the election coverage, and I'm so glad he got the win.  Feeling much better about moving to the US, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...